Becoming a member of the Society entitles you to complimentary or discounted attendance to various professional development and networking events that are held throughout the year.
The events that the Society typically holds each year are:
- Practitioner Development Day - a day to sharpen your skills and hear from a variety of practitioners about recent cases and approaches to managing matters across the field of industrial relations
- One Day Workshops – these special education events are often held in conjunction with, and presented by members of, the Fair Work Commission. Recent workshops have included “Enterprise Bargaining” and “How to Prevent and Resolve Workplace Bullying”
- Twilight Seminars – held three or four times per year with expert guests speaking on topics of interest to members. Recent topics have included; “Vaccinated to work?”, “Investigation of Workplace Misconduct”, “Update on Supply Chain Liability”, “Getting your Agreement Approved by the Commission”
- Advocacy in Industrial Relations Commission course – members receive a discount on this event organised by the UTS Business School
- Annual Conference – our major event is the conference held in May. The conference gives our members the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of guest speakers as well as exchanging ideas with other members and guests.
- Networking events – including an annual ‘Meet the Members’ function held at the Fair Work Commission.
- Patron’s Lunch – where our Patron, the Hon Lance Wright QC interviews a luminary in the field over lunch.
Journal of Industrial Relations
Along with invitations to our events, membership also entitles you to receive the Journal of Industrial Relations.
This Journal is published 5 times a year and contains a wide variety of articles on many aspects of Industrial Relations. Online access to the Journal (all current articles and archived articles back to 1959) is available in the member only area of this site.